Ford offering employee pricing to all shoppers in wake of Trump tariffs

Automotive giant Ford announced that it will be offering employee pricing to all of their shoppers in the wake of President Trump’s new sweeping tariff package

Ford is kicking off its “From America, For America” campaign on Thursday. The effort, which Ford calls the “handshake deal with every American,” will be advertised on social media, in TV ads and in newspapers. 

“We understand that these are uncertain times for many Americans. Whether it’s navigating the complexities of a changing economy or simply needing a reliable vehicle for your family, we want to help,” said Rob Kaffl, Ford’s director for U.S. sales and dealer relations. 

The Dearborn, Mich.-based automobile manufacturer is proposing its employee-pricing plan to customers for a variety of hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and diesel Ford 2024 and 2025 models. It will last through June 2. 

The company’s Raptors, specialty Mustang and Bronco vehicles, 2025 Expedition and Navigator SUVs will be excluded from the promotion, according to Ford. 

For those looking to purchase an electric vehicle, the offer will be active until June 30, with a complimentary home charger included. 

Kaffl said in the announcement that the initiative is a “testament to our commitment to assembling where we sell. It’s a way for us to give back to the communities that have supported us for generations.” 

The campaign comes as President Trump has rolled out a fresh package of tariffs, impacting nearly every country in the world. The baseline was set at 10 percent, while the figure could go up to 54 percent, depending on the nation. Mexico and Canada, the U.S.’s primary trade companions, were exempt from this round of tariffs as a 25 percent duty was imposed earlier this year. 

A 25 percent tariff on foreign vehicles went into effect on Thursday.

Trump said on Wednesday during the unveiling that the U.S. and “its taxpayers have been ripped off for more than 50 years, but it’s not going to happen anymore.” 

Trump and his allies have argued that tariffs will eventually lead to a stronger economy and improve national security, adding that imports have undercut the U.S. automotive industry. 

Ford was not the only major auto manufacturer to announce adjustments in light of Trump’s new wave of tariffs. 

Stellantis notified workers on Thursday that it will temporarily halt production of vehicles at its assembly plants in Mexico and Canada, The Hill reported

“Those actions will impact some employees at several of our U.S. powertrain and stamping facilities that support those operations,” Stellantis’ chief operating officer for the Americas said in an email to employees. “These are actions that we do not take lightly, but they are necessary given the current market dynamics.” 

General Motors said on Thursday that it will bolster production of trucks in its Fort Wayne, Ind., factory, Reuters reported on Thursday.  

When reached for comment, Ford referred The Hill to its campaign announcement.

Copyright 2025 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *